FlowVox is an Operator Panel/CTI software application that provides users with an easy-to-use interface for managing phone calls handled by FreePBX and other Asterisk PBX systems.
FlowVox allows users to make, receive, park, transfer, and conference calls with simple, smooth drag-and-drop or right-click mouse operations. FlowVox also includes a voice mail component that enables users to manage voice mails via the FlowVox user interface, and listen to voice mail messages using their existing PC speakers or traditional desk phone handset.
- Smooth Drag-and-Drop functionality
- Make, transfer, conference, and park calls, retrieve parked calls, and send calls to voice mail
- Manage ACD queues and provide queue agent login/logout and pause
- Integrate with CRM systems by calling dynamic URLs containing call information
- Set personal presence status and view presence status of other users
- View Asterisk extension status
- Single-click Call and IM Chat with other users
- Quick filter allows operators to quickly locate Users and determine availability
- Listen to voice mail messages through your PC speakers or phone handset
- Manage FlowVox Server properties, create users, and assign Asterisk extensions via the FreePBX admin portal
FreePBX Admin Portal Snap-in
FlowVox 1.1 introduces a new snap-in for the FreePBX Administration Web Portal that allows the Asterisk Administrator to perform FlowVox Server administration via the FreePBX web portal.
- Add FlowVox Users
- Associate Asterisk extensions with FlowVox Users
- View and manage FlowVox Server logs and settings
- Manage FlowVox Server licenses
Frequently Asked Questions
What versions of Asterisk does FlowVox Support?
FlowVox has been tested extensively with Asterisk 1.8, 10, and 11. Testing with Asterisk 12 and 13 is currently underway.
Can FlowVox run on the FreePBX Server?
Yes. You may also install FlowVox on a separate server and connect to the Asterisk Server.
What operating systems does FlowVox support?
FlowVox supports Windows, Linux, and MAC.
Can I test FlowVox?
What if I have questions?
If you have questions about FlowVox and how it works, how it integrates with FreePBX, or just need a hand installing and configuring the FlowVox trial, we’re here to help.
Our Technical Support Area includes lots of information and resources, including documentation, FAQs, and more. You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and a Support Engineer will assist with your inquiry.